Air Fried Fish & Chips
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 3 – 4
- 1 lb. fresh cod fish fillets, no thicker than 1-inch
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay® seasoning
- olive oil spray
- 2 lemons, wedged for serving
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups seasoned panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) or any Italian seasoned breadcrumbs of your choice
Chips (Fresh Hand Cut French Fries)
1. Cut the cod fish into strips approximately 1-inch by 2-1/2 inches in length.
2. Season each piece of fish, top and bottom, with Old Bay® seasoning.
3. Set up 3-bowl breading stations:
• flour + garlic salt
• whisk eggs with mustard until well blended
• seasoned panko breadcrumbs
4. Place each piece of cod fish into the flour. Pat gently to remove any excess.
5. Dip both sides of the fish into the egg-mustard mixture.
6. Coat both sides with panko.
7. Add 4 to 6 breaded fish pieces to air frying basket.
IMPORTANT: Allow air circulation on all sides of each fish piece for best browning and to assure crispness.
8. Spray with olive oil to promote browning.
9. Choose FISH from the preset menu. Temperature: 350°F and Time: 10 minutes will appear on the display. Turn fish at 5 minutes. Fish is done when flaky or crumb topping is golden.
10. Repeat with remaining fish.
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, your preference
- Kosher salt, to taste
- olive oil spray
- 6 to 8 cups water
- 4 tablespoons salt
1. Cut potatoes into 1/4" x 1/4" French fries.
NOTE: 2 medium potatoes will yield 4 cups raw cut potatoes. It is best to fry in 2 batches.
2. Soak potatoes in brine for 1 hour to overnight.
3. Dry on clean kitchen towel.
4. Place raw potatoes into a large bowl. Spray with oil and use your hands to mix.
5. Transfer oiled potatoes to the frying basket.
6. Choose FRENCH FRIES from the preset menu. Temperature: 400°F and Time: 18 minutes will appear on the display. Shake the frying basket/drawer vigorously every 6 minutes until potatoes are golden brown.
7. Remove from Air Fryer and add Kosher salt, or your choice of seasonings, to taste.
8. Repeat with remaining potatoes.