Arancini: Risotto Rice Balls
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Makes: 10 – 12 Rice Balls
- 1 cup leftover risotto
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups leftover tomato/meat sauce, for serving
- fresh basil, for serving
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs of your choice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place a small dab of risotto in your hand. Cover with cheese, then more risotto. Form into balls, pack firmly.
2. Set up 3-bowl breading station:
• flour + garlic salt
• whisk eggs
• seasoned breadcrumbs + Parmesan cheese
3. Place each rice ball into the flour. Pat gently with your hands to remove any excess.
4. Roll each rice ball into the eggs.
5. Coat all sides with breadcrumbs.
6. Add 4 to 6 rice balls to the air frying basket.
IMPORTANT: Allow air circulation on all sides of each rice ball for best browning and to ensure crispness.
7. Spray rice balls with vegetable oil to promote browning.
8. Manually set the Air Fryer: Temperature: 400°F / Time: 10 minutes.
9. Turn rice balls in 5 minutes. Check at 10 minutes; rice balls should be a crispy, golden brown.
10. Spoon tomato-meat sauce over each rice ball. Adorn with a fresh basil leaf.