- 2 slices whole wheat bread (sprouted whole wheat, preferably)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (may substitute basil pesto or olive tapenade)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- lemon or lime juice
1. Toast 2 slices of hearty or artisanal whole wheat bread to your liking.
2. Brush each toast slice with olive oil.
3. Slice the ripe avocado and fan each half out onto each piece of toast.
4. Squeeze a couple drops of fresh lemon or lime juice over the avocado. Sprinkle salt, pepper and seeds over the avocado to serve.
Additional Avocado Toast Toppings:
Hot sauce, fresh spinach, shaved radish, roasted asparagus or bean sprouts, toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds, thinly sliced shallot
or purple onion, smoked salmon, sliced cherry tomatoes.