1. Cut baguette into 1/4-inch slices. Brush both sides of the bread with oil and season.
2. Open the glass door and center 12 slices on the wire rack. Close the glass door.
3. Turn temperature control to MAX. Turn function control to TOAST.
4. Set timer control to 10 minutes and then turn back to medium darkness.
5. Remove golden brown crostini onto a clean working surface.
6. First Layer: A simple herbed cheese spread, sweet cheese spread, fresh mozzarella slices, hummus, basil pesto, mayo and mustard based chicken salad, tuna in oil or a simple egg salad.
7. Chunky Layer: Rare roast beef, roasted vegetables, sliced fresh radishes, cucumbers, sundried tomatoes, sliced strawberries, white beans, sliced grape tomatoes, smoked salmon or whitefish, smoked oysters, fried quail eggs.
8. Garnish: Capers, olives, pesto, red and green peppers, fresh thyme, chives or basil.
9. Crostini appetizers make a perfect starter snack for any party. Figure 3 to 4 per person.