Ginger Baked Apples
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 2 - 3 HOURS
- 4 to 5 large Golden Delicious apples (may substitute Red Delicious, Gala, Roma, Granny Smith)
- 2 cups cranberry or apple juice
For each apple:
- 1 cinnamon cookie
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 pat butter
- 1 tablespoon of dried cranberries or raisins
1. Use a melon baller to core each apple. Peel a small strip from around the top of each one (about 1 inch). Place in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Combine brown sugar, spices, and dried cranberries in a small bowl and stir until well combined.
3. Stuff each apple with filling, all the way to the top, pressing down with your finger to make room for more filling. Top each one with a pat of butter.
4. Pour juice into bottom of the Slow Cooker.
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until tender.
6. Serve alongside oatmeal for breakfast or topped with vanilla bean ice cream for a light and sweet fruity dessert. Garnish with your favorite nuts, seeds or granola.