Homemade Chai Tea Mix
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (broken into smaller pieces)
- 12 whole green cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp whole Black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp whole cloves
- 1 whole Star Anise
- 1 tsp pre-Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup loose black tea
1. Add the whole spices to the grinder in batches. Pulse a few times to break up into small pieces but not to a powder. You should still see chunks.
2. Combine the ground spices in an air tight jar adding in the ground ginger, grated nutmeg and black tea.
3. Shake to mix well.
How to a make chai tea latte
- 2-3 tsp of chai tea mix
- 1 reusable tea bag
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 1/2 cup steamed milk of choice
- Sweetener of choice to taste
1. Pour the boiled water into a mug.
2. Fill tea bag or infuser with tea and drop into the mug.
3. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
4. Add the steamed milk.
5. Sweeten to taste and Enjoy!