Keto-Friendly, No Carb, Gluten-Free Donut-Hole Imposters
Prep Time: 30 mins + 45 mins freezing time
Cook Time: 6 mins
Serves: 4 – 6
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated golden monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 orange, zest only
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- olive oil spray
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated golden monk fruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Combine water, butter, golden monk fruit and salt in a medium pot and bring to boil over medium heat.
2. Turn off heat. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder and orange zest.
3. Add dry ingredients to the cooled pot. Stir briskly. Mixture should be slightly dry. If too runny, add tablespoons of coconut flour.
4. Whisk eggs and vanilla in a small bowl. Add half the egg mixture at a time and continue to whisk until smooth.
5. Fill a plastic zipper bag with dough. Cut a 1/4-inch tip from the bag.
6. Squeeze 1.5 inch donut-holes onto parchment paper. Freeze for 45 minutes or until hard.
7. Manually set the Air Fryer: Temperature: 400°F / Time: 6 minutes.
8. Check at 6 minutes; donut-holes should be a crispy, golden brown.
9. Mix golden monk fruit sweetener and cinnamon together in a small plate.
10. While still warm, brush cooked Donut-Hole Imposters with melted butter, then roll in the golden monk fruit-cinnamon sugar. Donut-Hole Imposters are best eaten warm, but store well for later snacking.