Light & Elegant Poached Salmon with Cucumber Dill Cream
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 lemons, zested
- 8 – 12 dill stems
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-3/4 – 2 lbs. skinless salmon fillet, about 1-1/2 inches thick
- 4 green onions, chopped, whites only
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons onion salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chive cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped dill, for garnish
- sundried tomatoes in oil, for garnish
1. Zest lemons. Set zest aside. Slice the lemons into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Arrange lemon slices in a single layer across the bottom of the Electric Skillet.
2. Place salmon in the skillet, skinned side down, on top of lemon slices. Dust lemon with 1 teaspoon garlic and onion salts. Combine wine and water in a spouted cup and then add to the side of the skillet. Sprinkle green onions over the tops of the fish.
3. Turn the temperature control dial to 350°F to preheat. Watch carefully as the liquid comes to a low boil.
4. Immediately reduce heat to WARM as the liquid simmers. Increase heat to 200°F when needed, to maintain the simmer point.
5. Depending on the thickness and amount of fish in the Electric Skillet, poach salmon for 11 to 16 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, the center of the fish should be 125°F, for medium-rare. Or, cook until the center of the fish is pale and flakes easily.
6. Use a fish spatula to carefully transfer fillets and lemon slices to a prepared plate and tent loosely with aluminum foil.
7. Prepare Cucumber Dill Cream: Increase the temperature to 400°F and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes until liquid is slightly thickened and reduced to half.
8. Add 1 teaspoon garlic and onion salts, Dijon mustard, cream cheese, butter and dill to the skillet and whisk until sauce is well combined.
9. Mix in cool, diced cucumber before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. To serve, plate poached salmon topped with chopped fresh dill and slices of sundried tomatoes. Drizzle with Cucumber Dill Cream.