Mile-High Southwest Club Sandwich
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo, finely chopped
- 12 slices sourdough bread, about 1/2-inch thick
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 oz cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 cup loosely packed spinach
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
1. Preheat CRUX Panini Maker and grease grate well.
2. Stir together mayonnaise and chipotle; spread over 8 slices of bread. Top 4 slices of bread with 1 slice cheese each; divide chicken over top and sprinkle with salt. Layer avocado and tomato over top.
3. Top remaining 4 slices of mayonnaise-chipotle bread with bacon, spinach, red onion, alfalfa sprouts and remaining cheese; stack over tomato slices. Cap sandwiches with remaining bread.
4. In batches, wearing oven mitts, place sandwiches on CRUX panini grill. Lower top grill, making sure it lies evenly on sandwich. Use handle to press down lightly several times during grilling time; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until bread is toasted and cheese starts to melt. Cut each sandwich in half and secure with toothpicks.
- Substitute spinach for arugula or watercress if desired.
- Serve with sweet potato fries if desired.