One-Pan Moroccan Shakshuka Eggs
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large red or orange red pepper, chopped
- 1 white onion. chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat oil in the 10" Copper Titanium Fry Pan on medium heat. Add onion and stir occasionally until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add the chopped bell pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the tomato paste and sauté for one minute.
3. Pour in the diced tomatoes along with the cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne powder. Cook until the mixture begins to thicken. This should take about 12 minutes. At this point, taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Using a wooden spoon, create 8 little wells in the tomato sauce, and crack an egg into each. Cover the pan and cook to eggs to your liking. For a firm egg white and runny yoke, we recommend cooking for 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with your choice of bread.