Makes: 1 Pitcher
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- zest from 2 oranges
- 1 liter (34 oz.) white rum
- 2 oranges, zested, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups crushed ice, plus more for serving
- 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1. Prepare orange sugar. Place sugar in a large zipper bag. Zest 2 oranges. Add orange extract and orange zest to bag. Knead the sugar
until it is orange in color and zest is well distributed. Pour onto a baking sheet and allow to dry for 30 minutes.
2. Insert up to 10 ice cubes into the jar. Press the ice crush function and let the cycle run until completed. Press the ice crush
function to stop the cycle before its completes if the desired ice crush consistency is achieved. Set aside.
3. Use vegetable peeler to trim white pith from zested oranges. Cut each orange into 8 wedges. Muddle orange wedges with 2 cups crushed
ice in the bottom of a large pitcher. Add the remaining ingredients.
4. Use a fork or your hands to separate the orange sugar. Hold each glass upside down and run cut orange wedge along the outside of the
rim. Hold the wet rim into the sugar and twist so that the dried orange sugar sticks to the rim of the glass.
5. Add a spoonful of crushed ice into each glass. Pour Pomegranate Orange-Ade into orange sugar rimmed glasses. Garnish each glass with
an orange slice and mint sprigs, if desired.