Pulled Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 6 hours 30 mins
Total Time: 6 hours 45 mins (+ 15 mins chilling time)
Serves: 6 with leftovers
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp each paprika and ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 5 1/2 to 6 lb bone-in pork shoulder or butt roast, excess fat trimmed
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 ripe large avocado, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely crumbed feta cheese
- Lime wedges, for serving
1. Pulled Pork: Stir together brown sugar, chili powder, salt, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cayenne and cinnamon. Pat pork roast dry with paper towel and coat with spice mixture; place in CRUX Slow Cooker. Stir together barbecue sauce, broth, tomato paste, vinegar and garlic; pour over roast. Cover and cook on High for 6 to 8 hours or until very tender.
2. Remove pork from slow cooker; let stand for 15 minutes. Skim off fat from cooking liquid. Shred pork with 2 forks; return to slow cooker and toss with cooking liquid. Set to Low; cook for 30 minutes.
3. Mango Salsa: Stir together mangoes, red pepper, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt and cumin. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until chilled.
4. Assembly: Place 1/3 cup pulled pork onto each tortilla. Top with avocado, radishes, salsa and feta. Serve with lime wedges.
- Substitute mangoes for pineapple or papaya if desired.