Shrimp Dumplings with Sesame Chili Sauce
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serves: 6-10 (makes 40-50 dumplings)
- 24 ounces of shrimp, pealed and deveined
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 - inch knob of ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Gyoza dumpling wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
Sesame Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 scallion, chopped finely
- 2 small red chili peppers, chopped finely
- 1/2-inch knob of ginger, grated
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 5 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Add shrimp, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper to a food processor. Pulse until a smooth paste is formed.
2. Brush a small amount of beaten egg on one half of the wonton wrapper. Using a teaspoon, scoop a spoonful of the shrimp mixture onto the wrapper and fold in half. Seal the dumping tightly with your fingers or with a fork.
3. Fill the CRUX 9.5" Copper Titanium Deep Dish Pan 2/3 of the way full with water. Bring the water to a boil, and place about 8 dumplings at a time. After about 2 minutes, the dumplings should rise to the top. Cook for an extra minute or until the shrimp becomes slightly pink. Remove them at this point, and transfer them to a bowl with cold water.
4. For the dipping sauce, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Serve the dumplings with the sesame chili sauce.
- Substitute wonton wrappers for gyoza wrappers.