Sous-Vide Strip Loin with Herbed Garlic Butter
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 strip loin steaks (8 oz each), about 2 inches thick
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
Herbed Garlic Butter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1. Set up CRUX Sous-Vide according to owner’s manual. Preheat CRUX Sous-Vide to 132˚F for medium-rare steaks (or refer to manual for temperatures and desired doneness).
2. Herbed Garlic Butter: Meanwhile, stir together butter, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper until blended. On large piece of plastic wrap, shape herb butter into log shape with rubber spatula. Roll up butter tightly in plastic wrap, twisting ends of plastic wrap to seal and create log shape. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm. Or freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month.)
3. Steaks: Pat steaks dry with paper towel. Seal each steak in vacuum bags or resealable plastic bags, removing as much air as possible from bags. Place in water, making sure bags are fully submerged; set timer to 1 hour.
4. Lift bags carefully from water; remove steaks and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large heavy-bottom skillet set over high heat; sear steaks for about 1 minute per side or until browned. Slice herbed butter into coins; serve over steaks.
- Substitute tarragon for basil or chervil if desired.
- Serve any leftover Herbed Garlic Butter on fish, mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables or sandwiches.