Spicy Wehani Rice & Lentils
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 - 8
- 3 rice measuring cups (2-1/4 cups) Wehani or mixed blend rice
- 1 rice measuring cup (3/4 cup) green lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-inch knob ginger root, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon salt, or more to taste
- Hot chili oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lettuce or spinach greens
1. Add lentils and rice to the cooking pot. Then add stock and water, to the 5 cup line.
2. Mix in remaining ingredients.
3. Using the BROWN RICE function, program the KEEP WARM time for 30 minutes.
4. Arrange chilled lettuce or spinach greens on individual serving plates. Scoop Rice & Lentils on top, then chopped fresh cilantro and a few drops of hot chili oil and red pepper flakes to each serving, if desired.