- See all products
- Why Crux
- Contact us
1. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, ginger, garlic and 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in cherry juice, frozen cherries, hoisin sauce, honey and sriracha; bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Let cool completely.
3. Add to CRUX 7 Speed Blender jar. Press LIQUIFY button to begin processing. When finished, the blender will cease operation.
4. Meanwhile, set CRUX 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven temperature to 400ºF. Turn function control to CONVECTION BAKE. Slide wire rack into upper rail; invert rack to use rack shelf position 2. Slide bake/broil pan onto lower rail.
5. Season drumsticks with remaining five-spice powder, salt and pepper.
6. When toaster oven is preheated, place drumsticks on wire rack and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Bake, basting with cherry hoisin sauce every 10 minutes, for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is golden brown, cooked through and internal temperature registers 165°F.
8. Turn function control to CONVECTION BROIL. Broil for 4 to 6 minutes or until skin is crispy and golden brown.
9. Garnish with peanuts and green onions.
• Serve with lime wedges and garnish with sliced fresh chili peppers if desired.
• Substitute sesame seeds for peanuts if desired.