PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 0 mins
TOTAL TIME 15 mins (+ 2 hours chilling)
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and divided
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup peeled chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 chopped shallot (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh basil
1. Slice 4 strawberries and set aside.
2. Add remaining strawberries, tomato juice, cucumber, tomato, red pepper, parsley, shallot, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic, salt and half of the pepper to CRUX 7 Speed Blender jar.
3. Press PUREE button to begin processing. When finished, the blender will cease operation. Refrigerate soup for about 2 hours or until chilled.
4. Divide gazpacho among 4 bowls. Garnish with reserved strawberry slices, basil and remaining pepper.
To take this soup over the top, add a dollop of sour cream, Greek yogurt or crème fraîche – and a drizzle of balsamic glaze and extra-virgin olive oil.