Sunflower Kale Pesto
Makes: 3 cups
- 2 cups fresh kale, stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
1. Add the kale and basil in small handful portions into the jar.
2. Press PULSE and release 2 or 3 times until the leaves are chopped into small pieces. Keep adding a handful of kale and basil until they are roughly chopped.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the jar in the order listed.
4. Press the SMOOTHIE button to begin processing. When finished, the blender will cease operation.
NOTE: If pesto is too thick, add water or olive oil and mix well.