Sweet & Spicy Chicken Kabob Bites
Serves 2 to 3
- 2 (10”-12”) metal skewers (if you use wood, soak overnight)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (may substitute chicken breast)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
1. Place marinade ingredients into a gallon sized plastic locking bag.
2. Cut each chicken thigh into 4 pieces. Add chicken to bag, lock, massage marinade into the chicken and marinate 4 hours to overnight.
3. Set temperature dial to 450ºF. Turn function dial to CONVECTION BAKE.
4. Slide the wire rack into the upper rail; Invert the wire rack to use rack shelf position 2. Slide the bake/broil pan onto the rail below.
5. Thread marinated chicken pieces onto 2 skewers. Reserve leftover marinade for basting.
6. When the Toaster Oven is preheated, place the loaded skewers onto the wire rack and bake for 8 minutes. Brush marinade onto chicken. Turn skewers
over and continue to CONVECTION BAKE for another 7 minutes.
7. Turn the function dial to CONVECTION BROIL. Turn skewers over, brush with marinade and broil for 3 to 4 minutes until edges are browned.
8. Remove kabobs from the Toaster Oven and allow to rest for several minutes before serving.