Thai Basil Roasted Chicken with Garlic Chili Sauce
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 45 mins
- 3 - 4 bone-in skin-on chicken legs
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- 15 Thai basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro
- 1-inch knob of ginger
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2/3 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic Chili Dipping Sauce
- 5 small heads of garlic, roasted
- 8 small red chili peppers, roasted
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 6 scallions
- Salt to taste
1. Add all marinade ingredients to the CRUX 7-Speed blender. LIQUIFY until completely smooth. Save a few Thai basil leaves for garnish. Place the chicken in a large resealable bag and pour marinade in. For best results, marinade over night or for a minimum of two hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Preheat 10" Copper Titanium Fry Pan on stove-top on medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and place the chicken skin-side down until fully seared. Flip after 5 minutes and sear the other side.
4. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
5. In a separate oven safe dish, add the 5 heads of garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 30 min or until perfectly roasted.
6. Add garlic, chili, vinegar, sugar and water, to the CRUX Mini Chopper. Press PUREE and slowly add the oil through the easy pour opening. Add salt to taste.
7. Serve chicken with lime wedges and garnish with Thai basil leaves. Serve dipping sauce on the side.
- Make extra roasted garlic to serve with the chicken