Thai Coconut Basil Mussels
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 2-1/2 HOURS
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce, plus more if needed
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 small Thai bird chili, chopped (may substitute jalapeno)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, smashed with a knife
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 6 green onion stems
- 2 – 2-1/2 lbs. frozen mussels, cleaned, scrubbed and debearded
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- zest of 1 lime plus 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Add the stock, fish sauce, garlic, chili pepper, lemongrass lemon and green onions to the Slow Cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for at least 2 hours.
2. Add the frozen mussels and coconut milk. Continue to cook on HIGH, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes until the mussels are warm.
3. Stir in the cilantro and lime zest and juice. Add more fish sauce if desired.