1. Remove the chicken giblets.
2. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Trim all excess fat and use paper towels to pat dry. Work your hands inside the chicken skin to loosen from the meat. Use a sharp paring knife to puncture all fat pockets. Make 3 to 4 slits along the chicken’s backbone to relieve extra fat.
3. Smash the garlic cloves into the herbs du Provence and salt to create a paste. Liberally coat the chicken inside and out with garlic herb paste. Generously rub herb paste under the chicken skin. Squeeze each orange half over the chicken; squeeze again and place inside the chicken cavity.
4. Lay the chicken, breast side down, onto the steam trivet.
5. Add onion quarters, broth and the seasoned bird to the cooking pot.
6. Add and lock lid.
7. Press POULTRY. The indicator light will illuminate. Adjust cook time to 20 minutes. Press START to begin operation.
8. When cook time reaches 00 minutes (0:00), unplug the unit. Use the quick steam release and remove the lid.