Shrimp and chorizo Paella
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ lb chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm (1 inch) pieces
- 2 chorizo sausage, skinned and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 cups short grain or Spanish rice
- 1 cup (white wine
- 1 x 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Generous pinch of saffron dissolved in ½ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 18 medium sized green shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup peas
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in CRUX skillet medium low, medium or high heat?, add chicken and cook until browned on all sides and remove.
- Add chorizo, capsicums and onion. Cook, stirring, until chorizo has browned and onions are soft. Stir in garlic and paprika. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and stir well, pour in wine and cook until absorbed. Add tomatoes, stock, saffron and rosemary. Cook on low heat for 12 minutes. Return chicken to the pan along with the shrimp and cover with a lid. Cook a further 8 minutes. Stir through peas and cook a further 3 minutes. Stir through parsley and serve immediately.
NOTE, always taste the rice for texture, texture may very due to your heat source or age of rice. It may take a few extra minutes.