In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and water. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt and caraway. Stir in two thirds of the oil and water mixture then add more of the flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough is just moistened and comes together as a ball
Turn the dough out onto a clean surface and knead for a minute. Form the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap, set aside for 20 – 30 minutes to rest at room temperature.
For Filling :
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 green chilies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
Heat oil in a large pan over moderate heat, add in mustard seeds and warm through till fragrant, add onions, ginger and garlic and sauté till onion becomes translucent.
Mix in the green chilies, peas and the spices, cooking for a few minutes
Add mashed potato and mix through till well incorporated
Add fresh chopped cilantro and mix well, season with salt.
Remove from heat and allow to cool
Divide the dough into 10 equal portions. Roll out each portion with a rolling pin approximately 6 inches in diameter.
Cut in half and make a cone shape, filling with potato filling.
Seal the edges with a little water.
Repeat with remaining dough
Pre heat the CRUX air fryer to 375 degree C.
Brush the samosas with oil and sprinkle with black sesame seeds on top.
Arrange samosas in the air fryer basket; cook for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown in color.